Volunteers in Medicine Clinic of the Cascades (VIM)
VIM provides healthcare on a donation basis to working adults in Central Oregon with no medical insurance or means to pay for care.We use a community approach, where 300 in-clinic volunteers and over 400 local medical partners collaborate to provide patients with necessary primary and specialty medical care, prescription medications, mental health care, and/or basic dental care.
Our patients are our neighbors and have included construction tradespeople, hospitality workers, fast-food employees, ski instructors, artists, veterinary technicians, real estate brokers, waiters, small business owners, river guides, bank tellers, landscapers, ranchers, bicycle mechanics, self-employed entrepreneurs, home health care workers, retail clerks, craftspeople, part-time employees, and students, just to name a few.
VIM's patients are age 18 - 64. The majority have one or more chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, or mental health diagnoses. All of these conditions are manageable with medical oversight and access to care.
Because of the dedicated efforts of our volunteers, every $1 raised is leveraged 7 times, generating $6 million in healthcare services and community benefits per year, or over $62 million in care since we opened in 2004.There are many ways to become involved with VIM – as a patient, volunteer, partner, or donor. Our work is far-reaching, positively affecting employees, employers, a wage-earner’s family and other local support services.
If you’re looking to feel appreciated, VIM is the place to be. “Thank you” is the phrase we hear most often. It is also the phrase we say most frequently, knowing that so many people giving from their hearts makes our community a better place for all. We invite you to join us!
Join Our Mailing List
NEW Clinic and Charitable Pharmacy Hours
Monday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Thursday 8:30am - 12:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 12:30pm
• Enjoy reading our Fall newsletter. Learn more about what has been happening at VIM! VIM's Fall Newsletter
• Learn English (ESL)! The Latino Community Association is offering English as a Second Language class (ESL).
• We need Spanish interpreters! Are you bi-lingual, over 18, and want to join our amazing team of volunteers? We'll shower you with love, if so! Medical experience isn't necessary - we need help in all areas of the clinic. Read more here.
• We can help you enroll in the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). Please call the front desk and we'll fill you in! (541) 330-9001
• Have you liked our Facebook page yet?