STAY ELIGIBLE FOR CARE AT VIM
1. Make sure all paperwork is signed.
Everyone in your household who wants to be a VIM patient must sign their own eligibility paperwork. This must be done within 30 days of the eligibility screening. The person will not be a VIM patient until this paperwork is signed.
Once a person signs the eligibility paperwork, they will receive their VIM identification card. This means they can make a doctor’s appointment at VIM. If urgent care is needed, the card can also be used to get a discount at St. Charles Immediate Care or in the Emergency Room.
2. Do we have to make an appointment to sign the eligibility paperwork?
No appointment is necessary to sign the paperwork, once the eligibility screening is done. Just come by when the clinic is open:
- Monday: 1 pm – 5 pm
- Tuesday: 4 pm – 8 pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
3. Can I still go to Mosaic Medical or another clinic while I am a VIM patient?
No. You must choose only one place. When you become a VIM patient, we will handle all of your medical care.
4. How long can I be a patient at VIM?
You can be a patient as long as you meet all of VIM’s eligibility requirements:
- You do not have insurance. If you do get insurance, such as OHP (Oregon Health Plan) you can stay at VIM until you have your first appointment at your new doctor’s office.
- You have some income, but it is below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level (the front desk can tell you these numbers).
- You live, or work, in Deschutes, Jefferson or Crook County.
- You are not a patient at any other clinic. This includes Mosaic Medical.
- You follow VIM Patient Agreement rules (be on time, call ahead if you need to change an appointment, etc.).
- You complete an eligibility re-screening every year.
5. Do I need an appointment to renew my VIM eligibility each year?
Yes. Please schedule an eligibility re-screening appointment one month before your VIM card expires. If your VIM card expires, you will no longer be a VIM patient. You will not be able to see a VIM doctor or get prescription medications from our pharmacy. Call (541) 585-9012 to make an eligibility re-screening appointment. If no one answers, please leave a message.