Mission and Values
Mission“To improve the health and wellness of the medically uninsured through the engagement of professionals, community partners and dedicated volunteers.”
To become a premier model of effective, integrated, volunteer-based healthcare.
- Compassion through a culture of caring and kindness
- Collaboration through synergistic, integrated partnerships
- Success through agility, action and commitment to quality
- Enrichment of volunteers and staff through opportunity for meaningful contribution
- Empowerment of clients and families to improve their own health and wellbeing
CredoWe believe everyone has the right to basic healthcare services and that it is the responsibility of a caring community to reach out to those in need.
We believe in the inherent worthiness and dignity of each person and do our best to demonstrate kindness, respect and patience in all of our interactions. We thoughtfully foster a culture of caring throughout the organization and choose to care for people, not only their illness. This means listening, being flexible and making compassionate exceptions when appropriate. We do not judge our patients because of their circumstances but encourage and teach them to improve their own health, as best they can.
As an organization, we strive to remain attentive and agile so that we can quickly respond to environmental changes and patient or volunteer needs. We focus on possibilities and opportunities when solving problems. We allow common sense to prevail and simplify whenever possible. We invest in and nurture relationships and establish meaningful partnerships in order to implement our mission. We endeavor to engage those who are passionate about the VIM mission in a meaningful way. We create an environment that is stimulating, productive, inclusive and fun. We exhibit tolerance and do not put personalities before principles.
We do our best to match staff strengths with appropriate jobs and provide the resources, direction and freedom so that each person can be effective and fulfilled as a VIM team member.
Join Our Mailing List
Clinic and Charitable Pharmacy Hours
Clinic & Pharmacy: 1 pm - 5 pm
Clinic & Pharmacy: 4 pm - 8 pm
Clinic & Pharmacy: 1 pm - 5 pm
Thursday & Friday
Clinic: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Pharmacy: 9 am - 1 pm
• New Volunteer Orientation is coming up on June 7 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. If you're interested in joining VIM as a volunteer, please complete this application first, and we'll send you more information.
• VIM will be the beneficiary of a screening of "Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare" on Sat. June 8th at the Tower Theater, 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale now - more info here.
• Confused about how the Affordable Care Act will affect small businesses? This article refers to small nonprofits, but the explanation is the same for all small businesses.
• VIM's 2011-12 Annual Report is available and can be viewed here.
• VIM's Diabetes Wellness Program is underway. It's free, and it's fabulous! If you're a VIM patient with diabetes, this will change your life in a very positive and supportive way. Please email Joan if you'd like to sign up for the next class.
• Have you liked our Facebook page yet?